Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break

Hey girls its Tuesday! Which means mid-terms are over and I'm finally on Spring break. Unfortunately I procrastinated on writing this all day and now I have do it in like a half an hour (not actually that bad, but still). So let's just go back through the last few days and review what I did.

Friday: After a long day of mid-terms, me and some friends (Annette, Joanna, Tristan and Chris if your interested in their names) got in the car and drove about three and a half hours to Virginia Beach. The trip went shockingly well considering none of us are particularly gifted when it comes to navigating and have never been there. We got there at like 7PM, so we decided to eat, hang out on the boardwalk (which is amazing by the way) and then go to the Hotel and sleep (to whatever extent a group of college kids actually sleep while on Spring break).

Saturday: We went to the beach (shocking I know lol). I won't go into detail because I'm assuming you've all been to the beach and know the various activities one usually participates in while there.

Later through a string of random strangers we pieced together that there was some kind of  "show" on the beach later. We couldn't make out what kind of show, only that there was one and it was free. But after asking we realized it was a musical fountain thing (pretty self explanatory, there's a fountain, there's music, and people watch). I'm not generally into that kind of thing, but it happened to be free and college students are never keen to pass up free things. It was fun, not widely entertaining, but decent and we made our commentary which made it far more entertaining.

Sunday: We went downtown and shopped and ate and watched various street performers (something a smart Youtuber would have filmed, but I'm clearly not one of those. Sorry) before promptly driving back to Lynchburg. Where some of us (Tristan, Chris and Joanna if your curious) flew to their home states/countries (Tristan's from New Zealand) (can I just take a minute to be a total girl and swoon over his amazing accent). And some of us (Annette and me) drove home.

I'm going to skip Monday and Tuesday because nothing really happened. Except that I just watched "Harriet the Spy" on TV... that was fun. Tomorrow I'll probably work on my art project because its due shortly after break.

Mac or PC debate: I'm a PC who wants to be a Mac. What does that mean? Allow me to explain. I love Macs, I think their video software is better, I think they generally work faster and more efficiently and let's be honest, they look way more high-tech and awesome to be seen with in a coffee shop. However, my parents paid for my computer. And my Dad is a hardcore PC man. Partly because PC's are cheaper (which I'll admit is true) and partly because he's into computer programming which is one thing PC's are better for.

But I will admit, I love Google products a lot (Chrome = <3).

@Chelsea I hope the show is going well/went well (I don't know when it ends) and I agree we should start planning the summer.

DFTBA
Tenley Nadine

1 comments:

Morgan of Morgtopia said...

A random here saying WOO NEW ZEALAND :D, as that is where I am from XD.

Post a Comment